Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Breaking Dawn release date theory

I received an email today from one of my friends, Gina Nielson, who came across this email about a possible theory as to why Breaking Dawn is set to release on August 2nd. This is pure speculation on my part, as I am sure it is of the author. As far as I know, Stepenie Meyer nor her publicist have confirmed nor denied what you are about to read.

(You can find this post at the following address: http://twilightseriestheories.com/2008/05/book-news/it-will-truly-be-a-breaking-dawn)

Since February 7th we have been counting down the exact number of days until the release of Breaking Dawn. When I learned the date I rushed to my calendar to circle August 2nd. “Why August 2nd,” I had wondered? Looking at my calendar, I soon discovered why… August 1st happens to be an exciting night for all of us Twilighters… Following the usual time of Twilight, there happens to be a New Moon and a total solar Eclipse, making the morning after: Breaking Dawn! Coincidence that August 2nd was chosen? I think not. After my exciting discovery, I waited to see if any fan sites posted this piece of news. And waited, and waited… Either Stephenie or her publishers must have chosen the release date for this reason, so why hadn’t the press release included anything about this? Three months later, it didn’t seem like anyone was going to be commenting on the release date. So I decided to write to Kassie and Kallie about my discovery. Surely I’m not the only one to have noticed the awesome pick for the release date?

~ Reported by Nicole from Seattle, WA


Anyways, I am sure that's already circulated the growing world of Twi-hards at least once, but I still found it interesting.

1 comment:

Trina said...

That is awesome information. I can't imagine that it could be coincidence, at the same time you'd think this would be major information released. August 1st is my anniversary. My husband (also a supporter of my obsession) and I will be spending that evening at a Twilight party at Borders, 7 hours away from home, with an online "Twilight friend" who I'm so excited to finally meet. You know how to get this info released to a huge fan base? Contact the Twilight Lexicon,the official Twilight fan website. If they mention it (they'd be stupid not to), you'd have your site mentioned too and more followers. What are you waiting for?